Thursday, October 05, 2006

Green Shoes Might Make It
Regarding my last post I would just like to say that it is ficticious and meant to be taken as such. I would also like to say that I do not share any of the opinions of the narrator. The narrator is an invention based on what I think a racist would sound like. The point of the project--besides fulfilling the requirements of the assignment--was to sterotype someone who is stereotyping someone else--if that makes any sense. I personally, know very little about how a bigot thinks. A bigot, in all probability, knows very little about how the average object of their bigotry thinks. So, in this piece, you have a person (the narrator), who is being pigeonholed or profiled to the point of absurdity, by me, while he is pigeonholing someone whom he has absurd stigmas about (the Chinese Man). It's basically a layering of racial and social profiling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home