Sunday, November 05, 2006


FOOD WASTE IN PHILLY

My international team, team iota, focused on food as our subject. My particular interest with food was in regards to the amount of food waste there is in America. A few of my friends who grew up abroad found the amount of food waste in America to be appalling. i, personllaly, never really thought about how much Americans waste food, and how much waste is generated by food--particularlly fast foods. I don't wish to try and stamp any kind of moral opinion on the subject of "food waste," I will say that a friend of mine from Morocco yelled at a group of us who were using food as projectiles. He said that in his country wasting bread is considered blasphemous, bread being the staple of the moroccan diet. He was barbarously pelted with all kinds of edibles for his intrusion.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home